Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No Foolin'

So, today's April Fool's Day and all the tech sites worth their salt are posting clever shenanigans.

Take for instance this new Wii game!

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen 'em all already, but will somebody explain to me why "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Ghastley is so funny?

Now on to actual serious stuff, unfortunately only links:

Definitely cool: Matryoshkus

Interesting stuff: Windowseat

Time's Global Warming Survival Guide (yeah, I'm just snagging links now)

Really cool Graffiti: DAIM (and also a great candy from IKEA!)

And even though I can't afford the car, I'll probably be buying a t-shirt or two from Tesla Motors!

Miniatures stuff:
Heresy's Sci-Fi Miniatures
Silicon Dragons
SkullCrafts
Bases from Micro Art Studio
The Jenova Project - Tips and Tutorials


Oh, and I've gotten on a Chernobyl/Pripyat kick lately:
Chernobyl/Pripyat pictures
Pripyat.com
Photos from Elena Filatova









This seems to be a sullen subject. My interest started with a program on the History Channel called "Life After People" in which they user Pripyat as an example of what's left after humanity has left for 20 years. It struck a chord with me. I don't know if it was the absence of people, the ghostliness of it, or the tragedy behind it. In any case, I picked up Call of Duty 4 shortly afterwards and, lo and behold, there's a level in which you are running around Pripyat...

No comments: