Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fate Core Character Cards

For the past couple of months, weather permitting, I've been running our group's first Fate Core game. It's based on the comic Wild Blue Yonder.
Last time I ran a Fate-based game was Spirit of the Century and I had the players fill out 3" x 5" index cards by hand. This was great as I had everyone's skills and aspects in front of me and could sort them by initiative order. Unfortunately, they were inconsistent and hard to read.
This time around, I decided to print out standard cards that the players could fill in. Initially, I stuck with  the 3" x 5" index cards, but found that they were a little cramped. I then moved up to 4" x 6" index cards. These proved to be more complete, easier to fill out, and, incidentally, easier to read.
I also ended up making a card for tracking multiple unnamed NPCs.

Both cards are available for use:


If you end up using them, please leave me a comment as to how well they work for you.

No comments: